Sunday 25 November 2012

Extract from the 2. novel in the Talon series:

Extract from the 2. novel in the Talon series:

Simeon, leaning against the open doorframe and looking in, was still talking with her mother Mira when Matica joined them. Simeon pressed his tummy in to let Matica pass. Inside, Matica pulled a chair out from under the table and sat opposite her mother. ‘How was it?’ Mira asked her. ‘Did the Indians believe you?’
‘But Mum,’ Matica said, surprised, ‘...
you know. I saw you there. You heard it all.’
‘I went home earlier, so I don’t know the rest.’
Matica nodded. ‘Yes, true. Well,’ she said lazily, ‘the rest was that the Indians believed me, and Pajaro went through a type of prayer to accept me into their community again.’
‘Mat, that’s wonderful!’ Mira called out but then asked, ‘But why did he do it again?’
‘Obviously the first time wasn’t enough. Some didn’t accept me when he did it the first time, but they do now. It was also for the Bambamarcans. Were you still there when Alexander yelled his disbelief?’
‘Yes.’ Mira nodded. ‘No wonder he wouldn’t believe you. He just couldn’t, I would say. He’s just rejecting you. After that outburst from him, I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment