Monday 29 October 2012

Extract from the first novel: TALON, COME FLY WITH ME


 It was a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning. After breakfast, Matica and her father went outside. He took his books with him to teach her mathematics and physics. She enjoyed this learning time with her father, but after a while, they needed a break, so Matica walked away into the bush while her father went to Mira.
Looking over a maize field, ...
she saw Amos and his dog Dusty coming towards her. ‘What are you doing?’ Amos asked her. Dusty sniffed at her hand and she patted his wet, cold nose.
‘Nothing much. Dad just taught me mathematics and I needed a break. I had to walk away and look at something green, not a book with all the numbers.’
They both laughed, but suddenly Amos looked ashamed, staring at the ground and playing in the sand with his bare feet.
‘Is something wrong?’ she encouraged him.
‘Well, no. I just thought of something, but I don’t know how to tell you without embarrassing you,’ said Amos.
‘Just say it. I’m not easily embarrassed. I’ve had too many embarrassments already in my life.’
See More
 

No comments:

Post a Comment